Microsoft Outlook/Moving Outlook and keeping all

I currently have Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP machine.  I'd like to move everything (mail folders, contacts, rules, etc.) to Outlook 2010 on a Windows 10 machine.  Is this possible?  I don't want to lose my old mail or my contacts.

Barbara, yes you can.  Now keep in mind Microsoft now longer supports 2003 and I do not have an XP computer any longer to verify.

Basically what you will do is import the PST file from your XP computer into Outlook on your Outlook 2010 computer.

For information on 2003 pst file you can go to.  I am thinking that you probably already have a *.pst file on your XP and you can do a search for it, but just in case.

easiest way would be to put the pst file on a flash drive and take it to the 2010 computer.

Open Outlook 2010 go to the menu file and then click on open - choose import > import from another program or file > click on next and follow the questions ...

There is a YouTube Video on how to do this, that might be helpful.

All the best.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010