Microsoft PowerPoint/power point lock

Question
Hello Nancy,

i have tried it so many times but couldn't get the solution. I made a power point slide with very much important information. But i want any one can see the presentation or slide but no one can copy any text and slide, Is it possible Nancy ? It will be very much helpful for my if u help me.

Thanks
roman

Answer
Roman- I am not clear what you mean by copy. How are you seeing someone copying the text?  Do they have the file?  A person looking at the presentation can take notes and copy the text so there is no way to totally prevent someone from all the data.

A presentation is supposed to be an overview , an outline of information shown as the speaker gives the details.  The rule of 7 is a good guideline when creating a powerpoint presentation.-

http://www.ehow.com/info_8620810_rule-7x7-powerpoint.html

Perhaps you might consider removing the information that you do not want copied and sharing it as you give the presentation.

You can save slides as images using the File > Save As feature and then use the Insert > Picture feature to put the information back into the presentation.  This would prevent someone from selecting text.  

YOu can change the properties of a file from the Windows Explorer by right clicking the file > selecting properties > and checking "Read Only".  This only prevents someone from changing the file and resaving with the same name - I don't think this is what you are looking for.  

Nancy

Microsoft PowerPoint

Nancy Benner Janyszeski