Microsoft PowerPoint/RE: Using the Arrow or Felt Pen feature

I'm trying to use either the arrow or a felt pen to guide viewers to the differing areas on the slide.  The slide I have has multiple elements (very busy)...  Without something to guide the viewers eye, it would be difficult to follow my audio voiceover to the elements on the slide.  While the audio is recording as expected, the recording is not showing the movement of either the arrow or pen during presentation mode.

Martin - I do not see what version of PowerPoint you are using.  I would also suggest that the concept of a presentation is to be an outline a guide that is very basic and easy to view.

You might want to check out the following...and click on Powerpoint

While on the Microsoft training site if you type "felt pen" in the search field you will can select from the results the version of PowerPoint you are using.  There are many tips and suggestions, examples and videos on using PowerPoint.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Nancy Benner Janyszeski

Microsoft Office Instructor and with expertise in all versions.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.