Microsoft PowerPoint/Animations: fly in, then fly out

Hi Nancy,

Many thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I'm developing a PP presentation showing people how to operate a machine. The slide is set up with a picture of the control panel in the top right. The slide should go like this:

1) On mouse-click a text box fly's in from the left. A box fly's in from the right over the button to press on the control panel.
2) On second mouse-click the next text box fly's in from the from the left and the previous box should fly out from the control panel, whilst another fly's in to show the next button to push.

The (frustrating) problem I'm having is that when I click on the first box that fly's in, I select fly out, and the fly in animation is removed and replaced with the fly out. How can I apply different effects at different times in the presentation??

Roy - I am not seeing which version of PowerPoint you are using so I will reference 2010.

The following tutorial will illustrate the timing of animation effects in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, including the timing and order with which they start, and whether they repeat.

Hopefully this is what y ou are looking for.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Nancy Benner Janyszeski

Microsoft Office Instructor and with expertise in all versions.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.