Microsoft PowerPoint/Embedding videos in Power Point

My church uses Power Point 2010 for slide presentations to accompany sermons and special events.  Frequently this involved embedding videos.  Embedded videos from sources such as YouTube work well.  However, videos taken from DVDs, transferred to the computer, and then embedded in a power point presentation typically do not work.  Problem is that the top half of the screen is normal, sound is normal, but bottom half of screen is pixilated.  If we run the video from the computer file (desktop), it works fine, but once it's embedded in Power Point we have the pixilation problem.  Hope you can help.

the video format may cause this problem.
you can convert the videos to wmv format which is best compatible with PowerPoint, then reinsert the converted videos into PoewrPoint.
I recommend you use this tool to do the video conversion:  

Microsoft PowerPoint

David Tao

I can answer questions on PowerPoint related questions: PowerPoint to DVD, PowerPoint to video, PowerPoint to Youtube, PowerPoint to blog, PowerPoint to homepage, PowerPoint to iPod, PowerPoint to iPhone, PowerPoint to Apple TV, PowerPoint to PSP, PowerPoint to cell phone. how to use PowerPoint: set animation, slide transition, set PowerPoint background picture, background music. how to upload PowerPoint to website: upload PPT to and embed it to homepage, convert PowerPoint to video for uploading to blog, Youtube.

I'm doing the research on how to put PPT onto website: convert PowerPoint to MP4 video or flash video(FLV) for online sharing, how to convert PowerPoint to DVD.I made PowerPoint templates for my school for graduate presentaion.

(2000-2004)Northwestern Polytechnic University bachelor of science