Microsoft PowerPoint/PowerPoint 2010 loses formatting of bullets

I have formatted bullets in my Master slide and again in a bullet slide layout.  All looks fine, but when I view a new slide using the bullet slide layout the text has no bulets.  Is there a fix for this.  Do I need to begin again or ?

PowerPoint 2010

Debbie, I went to the Title and Text Master slide and selected Bullet styles, saved the changes opened a new slide and created a bullet list, the style I created showed.

Be sure the Master you are updating is associated with the new slide you are creating.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Nancy Benner Janyszeski

Microsoft Office Instructor and with expertise in all versions.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.