Microsoft PowerPoint/tabs vanishing in the Overview Pane

Question
hi Nancy, how've you been?

I use PowerPoint 2010 and Windows 7.
In the Overview Pane, sometimes I see two tabs, "Slide" and "Outline". Sometimes the tabs are visible, other times they disappear!!
What can I do to keep  them on the screen all the time? Or maybe that isn't possible?

Thanks for your reply.

Chris

Answer
Hi Chris - from the View menu you will see on the left , under presentation views, the different view options.

One is Normal -

You will only see the Slide and Outline Tabs in Normal view.  You can close this pane and still be in Normal View.  To reinstate the TABS, Click or double click Normal view (it depends on the current view).

There are also view Icons in the lower right status bar, including Normal that will work the same.

I hope this helps.
Nancy

Microsoft PowerPoint

Nancy Benner Janyszeski