Microsoft PowerPoint/tabs vanishing in the Overview Pane

hi Nancy, how've you been?

I use PowerPoint 2010 and Windows 7.
In the Overview Pane, sometimes I see two tabs, "Slide" and "Outline". Sometimes the tabs are visible, other times they disappear!!
What can I do to keep  them on the screen all the time? Or maybe that isn't possible?

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Chris - from the View menu you will see on the left , under presentation views, the different view options.

One is Normal -

You will only see the Slide and Outline Tabs in Normal view.  You can close this pane and still be in Normal View.  To reinstate the TABS, Click or double click Normal view (it depends on the current view).

There are also view Icons in the lower right status bar, including Normal that will work the same.

I hope this helps.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Nancy Benner Janyszeski

Microsoft Office Instructor and with expertise in all versions.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.