Microsoft PowerPoint/powerpoint screen missing a third

I use a video projector for presentations.  The projector portrays the full screen on LAPTOP startup and on everything else except power point.  On powerpoint about one third to the right of screen is chopped off.  Is there an adjustment in powerpoint to make it show the whole screen?

Don, PowerPoint does go full screen using the F5 function key among other pathways.  However I feel like perhaps the PowerPoint window is not centered.  I would try dragging the window and maximizing it to see if that helps.  I would also ask if you previously had a 2nd monitor connected to the laptop which PPT is reading as still there?

I am not seeing what kind of computer you are using or the version of PowerPoint but the following may be of interest.

Powerpoint 2010 wont display a slideshow through a projector

Mac PPT 2011 Presenter View Not Displaying on Projector -

PowerPoint does not function on my projector

You might do a browser search  --- training PowerPoint XXX, projector, not displaying.  All the best

Microsoft PowerPoint

Nancy Benner Janyszeski

Microsoft Office Instructor and with expertise in all versions.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.