Microsoft Word/Bullets on the right

Matthew Steede wrote at 2015-08-12 16:35:59
This problem plagued me as well. I read a document about right to left languages which helped to solve the problem.

Step 1. is to add a right to left language (any of them ie. Arabic or Hebrew)under the "Review" - "Language" - "Language Preferences" "[add additional editing language]" dropdown. I used Arabic (Egypt), then in the window above click the "not enabled" and it will redirect you to the windows add a language portion. just follow the prompts. Once this is complete is should ask you to restart Word. Naturally be sure you have your document backed up!

Step 2. Open you Word document and you should now have a two paragraph symbols under the paragraph section of the ribbon. Select the text you want right to left and then click the paragraph symbol with the arrow on the right side.

Step 3. Viola you should now have a bulleted/numbered list with the list on the right side. You will likely want to right align your text now to match the right side.

Best wishes and good luck! :D  

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Pamela Mullenix-Croft

I have been a member of the AllExperts team since October 2008. As a graphic layout artist I can address Word layout issues which may arise. I work with graphic challenges, and I work with both the Mac and PC platforms. I own my own contract training business. I train for both government and private entities.

I have taught Microsoft Word since 1991

Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS), IC3 Instructor, Certifort SME (IC3), A Plus Computer Repair Technician, State of California Credentialed Teacher, Certified Graphic Layout Artist, Washington State Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE)