Microsoft Word/Unable to select multiple image objects in Word 2007

Jerry wrote at 2010-03-31 20:47:48

so the problem become how to set multi pics to the layout SQUARE at one time. Your reply did answer the question of Richard, but still you have to select one by one and change their layout to SQUARE. so the question is : how to select several pics at one time and set them to layout SQUARE?

SIV wrote at 2010-08-24 14:07:01
This may not be THE solution, but it's what I did.I got pleasing results, but I cheated. I used this method because Microsoft Office is more user friendly than Paint. Put all your pictures where you want them to(If you have trouble moving them,put them in text boxes and remove the lines and fill later,it will be as if the text boxes never existed). Now,all the pictures are in the right place, but you can't group them together or select them all. Take a screenshot, open Paint, then crop off everything else, leaving the jewel at the center. Save. Hope this helps,sure did for me.

TheSavo wrote at 2012-01-19 18:51:20
Pictures cannot easily be multi-selected.

Here is link to Microsoft HowTo about selecting in Office.

For MS word, they have a workaround posted. You have to add a "canvas" first.

genius wrote at 2013-02-20 04:37:38
go to the following site and you may get your answer

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any questions about Microsoft Word - everything from the basics all the way up to more advanced features like Mail Merge, Outlining, Revisions, etc. Also, please be sure to check the Microsoft Word Tips & Tricks and Microsoft Word Tutorials sections of my web site.

I have been teaching Microsoft Word in the classroom since 1994, and online through computer tutorials since 2002.

I have been volunteering on AllExperts in the categories of Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, and Weight Loss for many months now.

I have created a line of computer tutorials online at and

Personally, I am self taught. I've learned everything I know from books and trial & error.

I have over 20,000 happy clients worldwide.