Microsoft Word/attachment creation date

luciano wrote at 2012-12-12 14:03:20
save as this file in your PC

ask for properties for this files

go to details tab and check the real creation time

Bob Johnson wrote at 2013-04-11 19:43:36
To make the question more precise, a Word document sent to my computer has its Creation date reset to the time of downloading. It is changed in Properties. On the other hand, a pdf file sent to my email and downloaded retains its original Creation date. This suggests that it is a Word problem, not an e-mail problem.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Jean Mornard