Microsoft Word/Sending Mail merge email from alternate alias

Ashley wrote at 2012-10-03 16:08:28
Just for those of you like me, searching for an answer to this.  The following steps worked for me using an IMAP email account:

1.  Open the Control Panel -> click User Accounts -> and then click Mail (32-bit)

(*If you don't see those options, go to the Control panel main page and there should be an option that says "View By" on the top-right side, change that to Category.)

2.  Click Add and then set up the email account again.  Note, it doesn't matter if you already set it up in Outlook or as a mail account in windows.  You still have to do it again.

3.  Either select "Prompt for a profile to be used", or "Always use this profile" with the desired account to send from selected.  Don't worry, you can follow these steps again and change it back when your done.

4.  Click OK.

5.  If Outlook is open, close it and then open it again so it will recognize the new settings.

6.  Now send your mail merge.  I recommend sending yourself a test message to be sure everything is correct.

Now, feel free to change the settings back after messages have been sent :)  Hope it works for you.

Just thought I'd help wrote at 2013-04-17 04:50:31
I found a way to change the sender email address. In Outlook, go to File, Account settings, Data files, and change which account is "set as default". Restart Outlook and you are good to go. But, each time you want to change the sending email address you have to go through this process. There really should be an easier way.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Jean Mornard

I am happy to answer questions about formatting and layout, mail merge, tables, graphics, tracking changes, outlining, and more. I currently use Word 2007, but I can also answer many questions about Word 2003.

I have worked professionally on MS Word since 1992 when v2.0 was launched. For one employer, I created several macros to address the issues of translating a document from a Sun-based desktop publisher to Word and then from Word to ASCII (a VERY specific application). I have created mail merge letters and labels, fliers and brochures, concert programs, investment company documents, large running tables, along with the more ordinary word processing documents.

B.A from the University of Minnesota Participated in several work-required training sessions on the entire MS Office Suite, the latest being on the transition between Office 2003 and Office 2007. I have also conducted training sessions on Word and Excel within my work setting.