Microsoft Word/can't remove double line in Word 2007

Debra Lee wrote at 2011-09-29 16:37:45
Thank you so much, Mahesh K!  It worked for me!  

Sunny wrote at 2013-05-23 05:53:22
I tried this recommendation from Mahesh, but in MS Word 2007 I was unable to find "Format"; however, in the Font section of the toolbar, I noticed a small icon that looked like AB with an eraser.  I had never noticed it before.  When I hovered the mouse over it, it indicated "Clear Formatting".  I then highlighted above and below the line that refused to go away (and of course, I highlighted over the line, too), then clicked this icon and it removed the line.  GONE!  

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mahesh