Microsoft Word/Word document opens in VBA page

Question
Hi Aidan!

I accidentally saved my main document with the VBA page open showing the dialog box "Syntax error" and no matter what I try (all in the dark) I cannot save it again so that the word doc page comes up by default.

At one point a box came up about the debugger  "deactivating" or something and I had to click that to go further and close the document- perhaps that has something to do with it.

Is there something I can do to hide the VBA page so that the
doc opens up normally? Hopefully something simple.

I do need to send this doc to a lot of people and it will be completely useless if it opens like that.

Sorry to trouble you over these small problems.

Thank you
Lucien

Answer
It sounds like the macro is set to run on the open event of the document - and there is currently an error in the code - so the solutions are
(1) fix the error
or
(2) delete the macro - this latter is probably the easiest - simply select all the code in the VBA editor page and hit delete.

I'm happy to look at the document to try to fix the code or delete it if that helps - direct email being aidan.heritage@virgin.net
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage