Microsoft Word/deleting blank pages

Question
dear suzanne i've very basic  computer skills and am stuck with 5 blank pages of label templates after the 5 completed pages. i've been to word help (where i've found your name)and tried various hints on offer but these actually alter my existing labels .i'm using vista word 2007.would the solution also work on blank word pages(i've got quite a few of them tagged on the end of numerous documents)?all help is much appreciated.
regards suzanne.(great name eh?)

Answer
If you created the labels using a mail merge, then each sheet will be a separate section. You'll need to delete not only the page but also the section break at the beginning/end. See http://WordFAQs.mvps.org/BlankPage.htm. Also, since labels are set up as a table, deleting the content doesn't delete the table structure; in order to do that, you need to click on the table handle at the top of the table on each page to select that table, then press Backspace. If by any chance the labels are a single table (no section breaks, and a table handle only on the first page), then instead select the empty rows, right-click, and choose Delete Rows. Needless to say, all this is easier if you have table gridlines displayed (click the View Gridlines button in the Table group on the contextual Table Tools | Layout tab).
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill