Microsoft Word/Flip Horizontally Merge Field

Question
Dear Suzanne,

I'm not sure if you can help as I have researched a bit and what I need to do seems impossible. :-(

I have to create a template for car sticker to stick inside the windscreen. Each sticker needs to have the licience plate number on it so I was thinking of using a merge field. Only thing is the whole thing (picture base and merge field) would have to be flipped horizontally to be able to be stuck on the inside of the window. Have tried to use text boxes and word art but had no luck.

Any ideas or help on flipping the merge field would be a great help.

Thank you in advance

Answer
Your best bet in this case is to flip the page in printing. Most color printers have a setting in the printer Properties that will do this. Wording varies with the model, but look for a setting such as "Flip Horizontal," "Mirror Image," or "T-shirt Transfer."
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill