Microsoft Word/hi

Question
hey, i am preparing a database of law documents and i have just transcribed them from using a scanner and an OCR, now i have formatted them completely, all i need now is a software i can use to automate the paragraph spacing for these files in batches, without having to go over each file, because there are hundreds of these files. thank you in advance.

Answer
I hope when you "formatted them completely" you applied appropriate styles. If so, you can just modify the styles and update the documents. Alternatively, you can apply styles or formatting using Find and Replace. To do this on a batch of documents, see any of the following:

How to Find & ReplaceAll on a Batch of Documents in the Same Folder
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

Replace text on a batch of files
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/vba_find_and_replace.html

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill