Microsoft Word/query about installation about Page Borders in MS-Word
I use Windows XP.
Actually, i have learnt that the "Page Borders" feature of my computer's MS-Word was not installed in the MS-Word during the installation process. I am saying this because in the "Art:" field of "page border" tab in "border and shading" dialog box, whenever i'm clicking on the arrow on the right side, only "(none)" is being shown. Then a dialog box appears saying that the page borders are not installed and it asks-"do you want to intall it now?" bt whenever i'm clicking "yes", it is always disrupted in between calling it an "error". I hv also lost the company's provided CD too. So how can i install it now?
I also want to download some good page borders, but whenever i'm downloading them, I'm not able to use them as Page Borders because they are getting saved as images. So how can I use the Downloaded Page Borders for the purpose of bordering my Documents in MS-Word?
ANSWER: Hi Sudipta,
Which version of MS Word ar you using?
---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------
I think its Word 2002 .
Please do reply about my previously asked question.
Hello Again Sudipta,
Thanks for letting me know which version you are using and this answer reflects Microsoft Word version 2002.
Go to the Microsoft site below to look for Clip Art Borders
Search for Borders
Put your mouse pointer on the border you want and choose Download
Save to here:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\2002\media\cagcat10
Give the file a name you can remember and then save it
You can all click on View Details above the click art thumbnail and look at the Keywords:
The clip I downloaded had these Keywords:
Keywords:borders, frames, page borders, stars
I used the term: borders to find my new Clip Art
The best thing to do would be to install the missing Clip Art and if you donít have the original installation disc see this suggestion I found on Answers at Microsoft.com:
Need Word 2002 install package (I have a valid license key, but no original install CD)
FYI: MS just announced that version is soon to be off all support, no more patches at all.
MS won't sell the CD or provide downloads so you have to go to "non-traditional" sources:
I Need Installation files/CD for pre 2007 version of Office, What Can I Do
1. Find a friend (new or old) who has the right CD and is willing to lend you the CD. Unlike the very "old" DOS days when there was a signature file on the floppy, there is nothing unique on the CD to identify it. The uniqueness is provided via the Product key you use to activate it. So, you can borrow a CD without threatening their installation/activation.
2. Ask at work if they have CD you can borrow
3. Try to find a local "PC Computer Club". There is almost certainly a geek or three with disks you could borrow.
4. Find a small local computer store or repair business. They often have old versions of software because they are still supporting customers using them.
5. You could buy it online. Be very careful who you give your money to
6. Try getting one from MS (if it works, please post back here, there are many interested people who would like to know that MS is still providing that kind of support) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/
Once you get a disk, make sure you burn a copy for yourself if it is a borrowed disk
Ps Thanks for the great rating.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here