Microsoft Word/2002 MS Word Fields

Question
On the same line I have a few fields set up, however, after protecting the document, I try to type into the first field which results in the second field moving on down the line. Anyway to 'lock' or 'stabilize' fields located on one line?

Answer
Are you referring to form fields? If so, usually the best way to set up a form is to use a table. You can remove borders and split/merge cells as required to achieve the desired placement; just use Table | AutoFit | Fixed Column Width to keep the table from auto resizing, and things should stay put.

That's the proper procedure for a form that is laid out in a more-or-less tabular fashion. For running text that contains form fields (such as a contract), you should want the text to reflow naturally.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill