Microsoft Word/Autopopulate fields

Hi, I'm using word2003 and would like to know if there is any easy way of making an entry (for example a name) on one page of a document, and then having that autopopulate on following pages (but not necessarily all of the following pages) at certain specified points, similar to the way headers and footers work.

You can do this with the use of bookmarks or ask fields, and ref fields - or cross reference fields - basically a number of options!  One such is discussed here
with examples.  To get more suggestions type word ref field into your favourite search engine - or feel free to ask me any follow up questions you wish if things aren't clear.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards