Microsoft Word/merge excel table into word table

I have an excel spreadsheet with hundreds of client's names, addresses, etc.  Listed in the rows below each name are courses each client took.  I need to create a word doc with the client's name and contact info at top of doc, and then a word table listing all the courses they took.  How can I merge this information?

This link
sets out methods of doing what you need to do - easier I think to link to an existing discussion than to try to explain it - BUT happy to help further with any clarification you may need.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards