Microsoft Word/TimeStamp Button

I'm trying to figure out how to place a time stamp button onto my word documents?

Can you clarify - what is this button to be - is it a button that once pressed puts a timestamp somewhere, or is it a button with a timestamp on it.  If the former, should it be disabled once pressed?  Also version of Word would be useful as otherwise I may give advise which won't work on your version.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards