Microsoft Word/word vba dialog box

I want to construct a macro that refers to a printers own software selecting the draft option in print. The vba code - WdDialogFilePrintSetup and others refers to the built in dialog box, but is it possible to use that to refer to printers own software dialog box? Is there code that you could use as alternative to printers draft option?

Hope this makes sense.

Best wishes

I remember spending ages fighting with this in earlier versions of word and failing dismally - we had to set different paper types for different printers - luckily we had a finite set, and could determine which the printer was from it's name (though at the moment I forget how we found that!) and therefore the macro had a series of IF conditions to set the appropriate page type by number - but we never managed to directly interface with the printer dialog box.  So I guess it depends what it was you were specifically wanting to do here as to wether it would be possible.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards