Microsoft Word/Completed Mail Merge document outputs template
I have some mail merge functionality which is triggered via a 3rd party application to produce a letter (offer of employment, Promototion etc.)
The issue I am having is that when the mail merge is initiated it produces the word document with none of the merge fields, in other words it just creates the word template I have setup with the mergefield codes in it's place.
I have isolated the issue to the client desktop I am I setting this up on as if I tested on my machine where I have developed the functionality the merge works just fine.
I appreciate this is a bit vague but happy to provide me info if needed.
It sounds as though for some reason you are seeing the source document (documentname.doc) and not the result of a merge (letters1.doc) - if that is the case, for some reason the merge is not actually happening - which could indicate a failure to connect to the data source? Slightly difficult to advise as it sounds as though it is something to do with the 3rd party application.
Happy to help further - any additional information might help! My direct email is firstname.lastname@example.org if that helps!
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here