Microsoft Word/locating altered text

I use mainly MS Word 2003, & have many files in which I've changed the text color to blue, as my personal preference format of highlighting. I read your answer on how to find yellow background highlights, & wondered if there also exists a way to locate, & especially to separate all my blue text that's in a file. Sometimes this blue text is also bolded &/or yellowed &/or changed font. Thank you for your time & effort to help people!

If you mean that you have changed the font color to blue, then you can certainly search for this text. Leaving the "Find what" box blank, click More to expand the dialog, then click Format, then Font, then select the color of the text you want to search for. Click OK, then use Find Next, or, if you want to select all the text, check the box for for "Highlight all items found in" and click Find All. Or you can use the Replace dialog to find the blue text and remove the blue formatting by replacing it with Automatic. You can search for other font formatting (such as shading, bold, different font) in the same way.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors