Microsoft Word/Mail Merge -

I'm using Windows XP Office 2003- Mail merge for multiple duplicate labels for one sheet. I put the information in the first label spot and press propagate to fill in the rest of the sheet. It fills in with {next record} When I go to print the labels {next record} prints. I don't know how to reset not to print the word {next record}

Karen - I would review the following article on Labels (near the bottom) and see if there is anything here that would apply.  Like did you type in a field, did you actually print the labels or just preview in print preview.

I would start from scratch and create the labels one more time just in case something was missed the first time.

Check back if you still have the issue and let me know what type of data source you are using and if this is a brand new mail merge or if this is an old form.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.