Microsoft Word/Multiple gifts

I would like to merge a list of donors with gifts they gave during calendar year 2012.  Of course, the donors will have a different number of gifts donated.  The list of donors repeats customer number, name, contact info for each gift.  So the first donor could have 10 gifts, the second could have 1 gift and the next 15, etc.  

How would I set up the merge in Word 2010 so that I would pull over only the gifts from one donor and include each gift?

I suspect there may be neater ways of doing it but my method is in - which uses VBA to combine the gift entries, and a decreasing countif to give a column that can be filtered on for the merge.  This method has the advantage over any other method that the data doesn't need to be sorted first.

I hope this gives you what you need but do let me know if I can help further, or if this method isn't going to work for you.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards