Microsoft Word/unable to access Internet sites

Hello Mahesh! I hope that the new year finds you in good health.

For the problem that I describe below, I am asking you to refer me to an expert in the allexperts organization who could help me. Of course, if you have any suggestions as to the subject, I am always happy to follow them, based on our many past conversations.

Here is the problem- inability to access Internet sites.
I have two computers,connected with a Cisco router. One is 7 years old, the other 2 years old. The older one uses Windows XP, the younger one uses Windows 7.
My internet service is provided by Verizon with DSL.
The two have operated trouble-free for years. But in the last day or two, I cannot access most of the Web sites that I have used for years.
Using Internet Explorer, I can access Google and gmail, but I cannot access, nor nor amazon and many other sites that I been using.

Can you help?
Thank you.

When I come across any such issue I do a few cleanup activities and try accessing the websites again:

- Clear the cache, delete cookies
- Delete Temporary Internet Files
- Clear history
- Scan the system for viruses and malware

I can suggest you write your query to the expert Jonathan Yaniv (link below) who may be able to help you with the request.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Mahesh K
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

I will be able to answer questions relating to MsWord operations. Any kind of troubleshooting, formatting tricks, shortcuts, etc. which people will need help on. I can also troubleshoot/format documents which are challenging for some users. It helps if users send the document in question along with the query.

I have been a word processor and handling a word processing team for 3yrs. Also been a trainer for word processing.

I had been a expert in this panel before.

B.Sc (Physics)