Microsoft Word/globally reformatting a Word document

Question
I have a 140 page MS Word (Office 2007) document that I need to reformat.

The document is currently typed with a line spacing of 1.5 (paragraph breaks 2.00) on a page size of 8 1/2 x 11.

Can I globally reformat this entire document to be single spaced on a page size of 5 x 8. Do I have to do this page by page?

I have tried , but to this point the margins left and right are adversely affected.

Answer
I haven't got office 2007 on a machine to be able to test this with, but basically yes, you should be able to do it globally - the page setup is used to set the page size - this should apply to the entire document.  If you have used styles to set the formatting, them modifying the style would reset the spacing.  If this isn't the case, use find and replace and click the more button to get to the format options - you can then search for 1.5 line spacing and replace with single line spacing.

I hope this makes sense - do please ask any follow up questions necessary to clarify things.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage