Microsoft Word/Printing text over background and inserted shapes

Question
Hi, I have created a poster for our local amdram - a picture background, sent to back, and inserted oval shapes sent behind text, then black text in the ovals. Print preview shows it correctly. However, when I print it,the text is white! If I change the text colour to dark blue, or red, or anything other than black, it prints those colours. And no, my black ink cartridge is not empty. I am using Office 2007. Can you help? Or must I print it in another colour?

Answer
It sounds as though it MAY be an issue with the printer driver, so checking for an updated (or sometimes older) version MAY be the solution.  If that doesn't work, you might want to try changing to something like very dark grey, which is pretty close to Black?!  Another thought is that you mention the text is black - is it actually set to black, or is it set to automatic - I'm guessing it IS black, but just in case I thought it worth mentioning.  Final option which MIGHT work is to print to a PDF file, then print from the PDF - this could serve potentially as a workaround.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage