Microsoft Word/Word 2010 Jumping cursor

Is there any solution to the "jumping cursor" problem in Word 2010 running with Windows 8? I am going mad with this. I use a laptop - Fujitsu - and have never experienced this problem in any other version of Microsoft Office, going back a very long way. Is there something I can do?

Hi Jackie - not sure if you are using a Mouse or the touchpad.  However, it appears this is a problem others have experienced.

You might try...

The issue is due to the touch pad sensitivity. You can reduce or disable the sensitivity of touch pad from control panel-> mouse -> mouse properties. If issue still persists, check with an external keyboard.

This is not a Word issue but rather a combination of Windows 8 and Office 2010.

If this does not help you can do a browser search on

windows 8 word 2010 jumping cursor

and review the results.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.