Microsoft Word/auto font color

Hi, Thanks for your willingness to help! I run a non-profit that mentors entrepreneurs towards job creation in Haiti and Honduras. I have a Microsoft Word 2007 form that our business mentors use with their mentees. It has 4 pages of questions that get answered slowly over a period of two years of the mentoring process. It is currently hard to quickly visually differentiate the answers from the questions. I'd like all the questions to be one color and all the answers to be a second color. The questions stay pretty much the same (with occasional updates), so is there a way to lock them into one colored font, whereas all the answers that are written in over time (after each mentoring session) are automatically in the second color. the only way i know to do this is to constantly highlight text and change the color. I'm hoping you have the genius answer to make life easier for me and our mentors as we spur job creation. thanks! evan (
PS: I can email the doc to you if you'd like.

If you are using form fields or content controls for the answers, you can apply a specific font color to them. Or you could define a specific paragraph style (with a different font color) to be used for answers. If you define that style as the "Style for following paragraph" for the Question style, then when a user presses Enter at the end of a question, he'll get an Answer-style paragraph.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors