Microsoft Word/color font questions

Sir, Thanks for your willingness to help! I run a non-profit that mentors entrepreneurs towards job creation in Haiti and Honduras. I have a Microsoft Word 2007 form that our business mentors use with their mentees. It has 4 pages of questions that get answered slowly over a period of two years of the mentoring process. It is currently hard to quickly visually differentiate the answers from the questions. I'd like all the questions to be one color and all the answers to be a second color. The questions stay pretty much the same (with occasional updates), so is there a way to lock them into one colored font, whereas all the answers that are written in over time (after each mentoring session) are automatically in the second color. the only way i know to do this is to constantly highlight text and change the color. I'm hoping you have the genius answer to make life easier for me and our mentors as we spur job creation. thanks! evan (
PS: I can email the doc to you if you'd like.

Format the sheet you want, and then use SHEET PROTECTION to allow changes to the data, but not the formatting.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 90-minute Microsoft Excel Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training  
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any questions about Microsoft Word - everything from the basics all the way up to more advanced features like Mail Merge, Outlining, Revisions, etc. Also, please be sure to check the Microsoft Word Tips & Tricks and Microsoft Word Tutorials sections of my web site.

I have been teaching Microsoft Word in the classroom since 1994, and online through computer tutorials since 2002.

I have been volunteering on AllExperts in the categories of Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, and Weight Loss for many months now.

I have created a line of computer tutorials online at and

Personally, I am self taught. I've learned everything I know from books and trial & error.

I have over 20,000 happy clients worldwide.