Microsoft Word/column to text

Question
I have a list of names in a excel file, I would like to place them into a word file with the names repeating after each other but when I cut and paste it places them in a column, Its roughly 12K names and would like them look like the following

Jane Doe, John Doe, ect.

instead I get
Jane doe
John Doe
ect

any ideas?

Answer
Tim, I am not seeing what version of Word you are using but the following is a basic feature.

Paste using Paste Special, unformatted text or if you are familiar with using the tags use text only.  

Paste special in 2007 and 2010 is on the Home Tab, far left.

Once you have pasted the data
Select All (Control+A)
Use the Search/Find and replace feature (Control+H) to open the window.

In the Find what field type ^p  This is a shift+6 and a lower case p (hard return)
in the
Replace with field:  Type a comma and hit the spacebar one time to create a space

REPLACE ALL

This will replace every hard return with a ,

I hope this is clear, if not let me know.

Nancy

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski