Microsoft Word/question about font colors

Hello, Thanks for your willingness to help! I run a non-profit that mentors entrepreneurs towards job creation in Haiti and Honduras. I have a Microsoft Word 2007 form that our business mentors use with their mentees. It has 4 pages of questions that get answered slowly over a period of two years of the mentoring process. It is currently hard to quickly visually differentiate the answers from the questions. I'd like all the questions to be one color and all the answers to be a second color. The questions stay pretty much the same (with occasional updates), so is there a way to lock them into one colored font, whereas all the answers that are written in over time (after each mentoring session) are automatically in the second color. the only way i know to do this is to constantly highlight text and change the color. I'm hoping you have the genius answer to make life easier for me and our mentors as we spur job creation. thanks! evan (
PS: I can email the doc to you if you'd like.

I can think of a couple of options - one would be to use excel instead of word, which would allow the use of conditional formatting.  The other would be to use styles - have a style for question (set to one colour) and a style for answer (set to another).  All typed text in an area would continue the style of that area, so colour would stay in place.  I'm happy to look at the document if you think this would help -
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards