Microsoft Word/set two font colors automatically.

Thanks for your willingness to help! I run a non-profit that mentors entrepreneurs towards job creation in Haiti and Honduras. I have a Microsoft Word 2007 form that our business mentors use with their mentees. It has 4 pages of questions that get answered slowly over a period of two years of the mentoring process. It is currently hard to quickly visually differentiate the answers from the questions. I'd like all the questions to be one color and all the answers to be a second color. The questions stay pretty much the same (with occasional updates), so is there a way to lock them into one colored font, whereas all the answers that are written in over time (after each mentoring session) are automatically in the second color. the only way i know to do this is to constantly highlight text and change the color. I'm hoping you have the genius answer to make life easier for me and our mentors as we spur job creation. thanks! evan (
PS: I can email the doc to you if you'd like.

Hi Evan,

I don't use Word 2007 but an earlier version.

In my version I can Format the Form Field to be whatever color I need it to be. (Try right-clicking the Form Field)

If you are not using Form Fields maybe you should ask one of the other volunteers about creating one with Word 2007.

Good luck.

Dale :-)
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Dale F. Wiley

I must report that I donít use Word 2003, 2007 or 2010 and have yet to be convinced that I need them. Microsoft Word 97 Microsoft Word 2000 Microsoft Word 2002 Please note: I will not answer questions about Fields, Statements, Formulas, Macros, creating and writing specific macros, VBA (Visual Basic Editor) and the Microsoft Script Editor I am willing to answer questions about: Envelopes, Mailing Labels, Database, Graphics, WordArt, Interactive Forms, Formatting, Faxes, Letters, Lists, Newsletters, Tables, Web Pages, Email, Hyperlinks, Bookmarks, HTML, Table of Contents, Footnotes, Endnotes, AutoText, AutoCorrect, Headers and Footers, Converting Documents, Customizing Toolbars and Toolbar Icons, Margins, Page Settings, Layout, Dictionaries, Languages, Find and Replace, Mail Merge, Printing, Saving Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste Special, Office Clipboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Font Lists, Customizing, Options, Templates, Bullets, Numbering, Borders, Using Themes, Fields, Symbols, Document Map, Find and Replace, etc.

Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word in particular is one of the most popular programs that our firm, Computer Help provides instruction, one on one tutoring and consultation. I personally use MS Word for almost every task: Envelopes, Mailing Labels, Database, WordArt, Interactive Forms, Faxes, Letters, Lists, Newsletters, Tables, Email Editor and much more. The exception, Graphics and Web Pages. For graphics I use Ulead's PhotoImpact and Microsoft's FrontPage for web site design.

Our column, COMPUTER Help's Q&A The Internet - E-mail,
appears in the Sun City Center PC Computer Club's Newsletter.

Formerly the #1 rated Microsoft Word Expert at since volunteering there in December 2000. In that time, responding to thousands of questions most of which were specific to Microsoft Word.