Microsoft Word/View and move margins in print preview

Question
Hi Suzanne - I just "upgraded" from Office 2007 to Office 2013.  In my old version I used to be able to go into print preview (Word or Excel) and view and move my margins very quickly.  Is there still a way to do that, or did they "improve" that convenient feature out of existence?

Thanks for your help.

Dawn

Answer
For some reason, successive versions of Word since Word 2003 have made it increasingly difficult to get a usable print preview, but it is still possible to get to the classic Print Preview view.

1. Right-click on the QAT and choose "Customize Quick Access Toolbar."
2. In the "Customize the Quick Access Toolbar" dialog, under "Choose commands from," select All Commands.
3. Scroll down to Print Preview Edit Mode and select it.
4. Click Add to add it to the QAT.

Although this command clearly is *not* to be found anywhere in the Ribbon, it is not listed under Commands Not in the Ribbon as you might expect.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill