Microsoft Word/View and move margins in print preview

Hi Suzanne - I just "upgraded" from Office 2007 to Office 2013.  In my old version I used to be able to go into print preview (Word or Excel) and view and move my margins very quickly.  Is there still a way to do that, or did they "improve" that convenient feature out of existence?

Thanks for your help.

For some reason, successive versions of Word since Word 2003 have made it increasingly difficult to get a usable print preview, but it is still possible to get to the classic Print Preview view.

1. Right-click on the QAT and choose "Customize Quick Access Toolbar."
2. In the "Customize the Quick Access Toolbar" dialog, under "Choose commands from," select All Commands.
3. Scroll down to Print Preview Edit Mode and select it.
4. Click Add to add it to the QAT.

Although this command clearly is *not* to be found anywhere in the Ribbon, it is not listed under Commands Not in the Ribbon as you might expect.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors