Microsoft Word/Cut, Copy, Paste is greyed out in Word

I'm trying to do Christmas labels but I can't copy the first one to all the others because my CUT, COPY & PASTE icons are greyed out.
Please help! Thanks.

Peg, I do not see which version of Word you are using so I am referencing Word 2010 which will be similar to what you are using.

It is not clear if you are doing a mail merge or you simply want to create a page of labels all the same.  Since you want to cut and paste I think that is what  you are trying to do.  You create the first label in the Label Option window select New Document and then send to the printer printer a sheet of the same label.

The following is a tutorial.

Create and print a full page of the same label
1.Start Word.

A blank document opens by default. Leave it open. If you close it, the commands in the next step are not available.
2.On the Mailings tab, in the Create group, click Labels.

Office 14 Ribbon
3.In the Address box, type the text that you want.

If you want to create a label for an address that is stored in the electronic address book that is installed on your computer, click Insert Address Button image.
4.To change the formatting, select the text, right-click the selected text, and then click Font or Paragraph on the shortcut menu.

All of the labels on the sheet will use the formatting that you specify.
5.To select the label type and other options, click Options.
6.In the Label Options dialog box, make your choices, and then click OK.

Label Options dialog box

Callout 1 The type of printer that you are using to print labels
    Callout 2 The supplier that produced your label sheets

Callout 3 The number that corresponds to the product number listed on your package of label sheets

7.After you select the options that you want, click OK.
8.Under Print, click Full page of the same label.
9.Do one of the following:
To send the labels directly to the printer without previewing them, click Print.
To preview the labels so that you can edit them or add graphics to them and save them in a reusable document, click New Document.

Word creates a document that contains the sheet of labels. Word uses a table to lay out the labels. If you don't see lines separating the labels, click the Layout tab under Table Tools, and then in the Table group, click View Gridlines.

You can make any changes that you want to each label, including changes to the text formatting and color scheme, just as you would with the content of any table in Word. When you finish, save or print the labels the same way that you save or print any document in Word.

I don't see what Labels you are using but if you use the basic Avery type 30 labels to a page and select Full page of the same label then type in your text and then select New document, all the labels will populate Then print.

I hope you can work this out.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.