Microsoft Word/Word 2010 Banded Table w/ Simple Watermark

Question
Screencap
Screencap  
Hello and thank you for fielding my question. I am making a songbook with a watermark on each page. It seemed simple enough. The songbook consists of a three column table in word. Each page has a heading, Song Title-Artist-NUM. As you can guess, it's a karaoke songbook for our basement setup. The kids love it. We do, too. Anyway, we want a watermark hovering over the table, but a banded table always steps on the watermark. The banded rows won't allow the watermark to "come to front" or whatever it's called. I was successful by putting the desired watermark design, let's call it ENNUI--on top of the textual banded table. I will attach examples for you.
What I wish to do is make the entire document--which will be around 340 pages--with the same graphic on every page, essentially a watermark--just as in example 3. Is this possible? I'm trying to figure out how to do this without having to make and format the table, then go to each page, paste and format the photo. I've tried making a .dotx, and other stuff, but nothing quite works. Can you help me?
Very best regards,
Jonathan

Answer
It's a known problem that watermarks and tables don't play well together. In this instance, I don't think there is any alternative to what you're doing. A watermark is just a washed-out graphic anchored to the header and formatted as Behind Text. The only way to get any content to repeat on every page is to put it in (or anchored to) the header or footer, but, even if you format the watermark as In Front of Text, it won't be in front of the text in the document body. You'll have to decide whether having the watermark is important enough to you to justify the effort of putting it on every page. Consider also that this will hugely increase the file size.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill