Microsoft Word/change cursor color

Question
I find the cursor is hard to see in my Word 2007 documents as its color is not sufficient contrast to the mid green background. How do I change it?  Black, white or dark blue would be fine. Thanks.

Peter

Answer
The cursor that is displayed in Microsoft Word may be changed if you would like to see something other than the standard cursor. However, there is no option available in the MS Word program to change the cursor display or pointer style. To change the cursor display, you will need to select a different mouse pointer from the "Mouse Properties" option that is found in the Windows control panel.

If using Windows XP, here's how:

1. Click the "Start" button, and then select the option for "Control Panel." Select the option for "Appearance and Themes."

2. Click the "Mouse Pointers" option that is under "See Also" on the left panel. This will display the "Mouse Properties" window or dialog box.

3. Go to the "Pointers" tab, and scroll through the available options under the "Customize" section.

4. Select a pointer style that you want to use. Uncheck the box for "Allow themes to change mouse pointers," and then click the "Apply" button to save the change.

5. Repeat this process to change to a different cursor display.

If you are using Vista/Windows 7:

6. Click the "Start" button, and then select the option for the "Control Panel." Type "mouse" into the text box on the upper right, and then press the "Enter" key. This will display the "Mouse Properties" window or dialog box.

7. Go to the "Pointers" tab, and scroll through the available options under the "Customize" section.

8. Select a pointer style that you want to use and then click the "Apply" button to save the change. If you are using Windows 7, uncheck the box for "Allow themes to change mouse pointers" before clicking the "Apply" button.

9. Repeat this process to change to a different cursor display

Hope this helps resolve for you.

Mary
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey