Microsoft Word/question about Word 2003

Question
I need to know what a "red herring" is in a financial doc, in Word 2003....and what are the steps to creating one in such a document. I'm going to be taking a test for a job and that was mentioned to me...Thank you.  Mary

Answer
A red herring is a type of disclaimer that you would find on registration statements or prospectuses for filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).  The text is formatted in a text box that runs from top to bottom of the page and anchored on the left side.

Good luck on your test.

Mary
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey