Microsoft Word/saving envelopes to reprint

Question
Hi Suzanne,

I am puzzled by an issue with my Microsoft works. I use the task launcher to open a #10 envelope in 4x9, I label it, print it exactly as it should be, and save it in documents. Later, if I click on that file and try to print directly it spits it out way off center. It prints as if it were dumping it on a full sheet. I know because I tried that with a full sheet and it printed much too low to be on an envelope. Every time I open that file I have to go to page set up and click on the correct size for the envelope or it won't be on the envelope. No matter how many times I tell it to save that file it does not save it as it was supposed to for an envelope.

Is that just an oversight by Microsoft or is it a fluke that only I am witnessing?

Answer
I'm afraid I have no expertise in Works (only in Word), so I probably won't be able to help. The problem seems to be that Works is not saving the correct paper size with the document, and I can't imagine why that would be the case. If you can't make the printer print the envelope where you are feeding it, you have little recourse but to feed it where it is wanting to print it. Failing that, you'll have to set the "envelope" up on a full sheet, placing the return address and delivery address on the page such that it will print on the envelope the way you are feeding it.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill