Microsoft Word/Selecting WordArt in Word

Question
QUESTION: I want to create a long list of words individually set in WordArt (in Word). Once I had three, I tried to position them differently on the page. The Help function says to click on the WordArt and to drag it, but no matter where I click on it, I doesn't select it so I can drag it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Monique D.

ANSWER: Monique  - I am not seeing what version of Word you are using and there are differences and variables.

I will assume you are using 2007 or 2010 Word.

What you need to do is change the Layout options, Wrap Text.

Select a Word Art which is an image.
When sele3cted you will see a new TAB > Drawing Tools > Formt > Arrange Group > Wrap Text and select Tight (you can pick another option and see how that works).

Do this for each image and you should be able to then move the image where ever you want in the document.

Nancy

QUESTION: Thanks, Nancy.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I'm using Word 2007. The new TAB is called Format, but I found my way to selecting Tight.
However, now the "WordArts" have ended up one on top of the other...

Monique

Answer
HI Monique - I think the best is to solution is to review the free Microsoft tutorial, it is very detailed and you will be able to see what applies to your document.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/move-a-picture-shape-text-box-or-

Nancy
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski