Microsoft Word/Word 2007

I have an issue where after pasting text from a pdf into a new word doc and saving it, later when I want to delete it, I cannot. I get an error message stating that the file is open and that it will have to be closed in order to delete it. The file is not open anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Brian,

When you pasted the text from the pdf, did you use the Edit/Paste Special/Unformatted Text option?  
That should remove any links to any open files anywhere.  Please note that you will need to reformat the text you pasted.

Hope this helps.

Mary Lindsey
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey

I can answer all Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007 Word questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, simple macros, templates, forms, TOC, TOA, Index, Cross-References, etc. NO VBA.

Over 15 years as a legal Word Processing support personnel and Microsoft Word Master Instructor

Microsoft Office Master Instructor