Microsoft Word/Word/Mailings

Question:   When I call up "Mailings" then go to "Envelopes" it takes the better part of two minutes for the envelope to appear. Is this a setting problem?

Try cleaning the temp files on you computer through the Start > Accessories > System Tools > Disc Cleanup and then run the Disk Defragmenter.  

The only other option would be to increase the amount of Ram you have on your system.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Richard Stephens

I have used word up to advanced, including Macros, very limited VBA. Basic to advanced questions are welcome. Currently using Word 2007 and 2010 but will try to recollect for earlier editions.

Teaching and business training for the last 15 years as well as running my own small business.

Adult Teacher and Retraining for Work Experience