Microsoft Word/How to apply hyberlink in pdf file?

Hi Suzanne

Hope you've been doing well.

Do you know how I can cross-reference a specific word in a sentence as a link so when someone clicks on it, they will be re-directed to a specific web address I want them to be sent to?

This is for my free pdf file Iím giving to my subscribers for opting in using OpenOffice 3.4.1. But when I'm opening the file at the top window bar it says it's a word document. My Operating system is windows 8. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Take Care

Any hyperlinks you create in Word should be propagated to a PDF. Select the word you want to hyperlink, press Ctrl+K to open the Hyperlink dialog, and type or paste the URL in the Address box. When you convert the Word document to a PDF, the link should be preserved.

Are you saying that when you click on the link it opens as a Word document rather than a Web page? What is the URL?
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors