Microsoft Word/How to apply hyberlinks in pdf file?

Hi Aidan

Hope you've been doing well.

Do you know how I can cross-reference a specific word in a sentence as a link so when someone clicks on it, they will be re-directed to a specific web address I want them to be sent to?

This is for my free pdf file Iím giving to my subscribers for opting in using OpenOffice 3.4.1. But when I'm opening the file at the top window bar it says it's a word document. My Operating system is windows 8. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Take Care

I'm not certain I follow the question - In versions of Word from 2007 onwards, you can save the file as a PDF directly from Word.  You can create a hyperlink to a web page by using ctrl K or right clicking, or using the ribbon choice to insert a hyperlink -the link can be on any selection (so word, sentance, paragraph, part of word etc would all be valid).

I'm happy to look at any sample files if that helps - my email is
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards