Microsoft Word/OneNote Share

Question
Hello,

I have MS Office with OneNote 2007 Home Office & Student.  I have two computers on a wireless network.  I have one computer that has Windows 7 and another that has Windows XP.  I have a folder on my W7 computer which shares files with my XP computer.

I installed a new OneNote notebook in that folder in the hopes that I could have a notebook that I could sync and use on both computers.  I have OneNote installed on both computers.  

Now that I have placed the OneNote in the shared folder, and added a password to my XP computer, (because it said that it needed to have the same password as the other computer), I have copied what I think is the shortcut, but when I click on the shortcut on my XP computer, it says that OneNote cannot open the specified location.

I don't know what to do.

Thank you

Answer
This sounds rather more like an operating system question, and certainly isn't a Word one (as oneNote isn't word) but that said - I would ensure that the shared folder is mapped as a drive on the XP Computer - you should then be able to open the file from that shared folder in the normal way of opening files.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage