Microsoft Word/Word adds double lines to my table when I print

Question
I consider myself pretty good at word but this one has me stumped.  I have a table in a word file where I need the top border to be a double line, some borders of cells to have no lines and some borders to have a single line (basically its a contract and I need a top border to indicate the signing portion of the contract and then using borders to indicate where signatures should be placed) heres my issue:

I go in and manually change the borders to single line where I need, I'm using the borders and shading dialog box, switching to custom, picking my line weight and then picking the line I want to change while making sure Im applying it to the cell only.  I have checked table properties and options to make sure there is no spacing between my cells and there is not.  I go to print preview and it shows the layout like I want it but I print the page and low and behold, double lines everywhere i wanted a single line.

Answer
I'm afraid I don't have any ideas about this at all since it sounds like you're doing everything right. It could be a printer issue; if you have the ability to test on another printer (by sharing the document with a friend, for example), you might be able to determine this. The fact that Print Preview shows the document correctly is especially odd. If you have Word 2007 or above, try printing to PDF (Save as PDF) to see if the same thing happens.  
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill