Microsoft Word/Page numbering

Question
Hello. I am creating a file that is intended to be printed double sided and will be placed in a three-ring binder.  I want the page number on the front side of the paper to appear on the lower-right and the page number on the back side of the paper to appear on the lower-left side of the paper.  This way when I'm flipping through the pages, the page numbers will be easier to see. Is this option available on word 2007?  Thanks for the help.

Answer
Sorry for the delay in replying - I needed to get to my machine with Office 2007, which was being used by the rest of the family earlier in the week.  It is basically the same as it always was - you would possibly want to have mirror margins set from the page setup section on the page layout ribbon, and I would use the header/footer area on the insert ribbon to edit the footer, set it at different odd and even pages and then add the numbering - I prefer control over numbering so would use the insert ribbon, then quick parts, field to get to the page field - this enables you to fully control where it is placed and formatted.

I hope this gives you what you need and once again may I apologise for the lack of speed in this reply - if you need further help please ask - I'll try and throw the family off the computer quicker next time!
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage